Herzlich Willkommen im Forum! Jetzt kostenlos Anmelden!!! Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

last the Canadian Open three weeks ago, where

#1 von cx888 , 27.07.2019 09:38

COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Texas A&M registered two second-half goals in a span of 67 seconds to flip the script on an upset-minded UC Riverside. The No. 8 Aggies pulled out a 2-1 victory over the Highlanders Sunday evening at Ellis Field.With the triumph, the Aggies ran their win streak to six matches. Texas A&M closed out the nine-match homestand and hit the midway point of the regular season with a 7-2-0 mark.Trailing 1-0 with the game headed to the final 30 minutes, the Aggies used a corner kick to notch an equalizer. Haley Pounds served the corner up from the left arc, sending the offering to the far post. Grace Piper outjumped her marking defender and crushed a header that one-hopped to the left side netting to tie the score at 1-1 with 30:16 remaining in the second half. It marked the second goal of the season for the freshman.Before the Highlanders could catch their breaths, the Aggies put on an otter show to strike again. The sequence started when UC Riverside goalkeeper Alanna Guzman boomed a punt into the Texas A&M half. McKayla Paulson was five yards off the center circle when she returned the service with a header. Paulsons header found the head of a back-pedaling Mikaela Harvey on the offensive side of the center circle. Harvey sent the ball to the attacking third where Jordan Hill was able to flick a header towards the 18-yard box. The third header found the mercurial Pounds to the right of the penalty arc and she sent a driving right-footed shot to the left of a charging Guzman and into the side netting for the 2-1 advantage with 29:09 left in the second half. The goal was a team-high fifth of the year for Pounds.UC Riverside (3-3-3) drew first blood in the 21st minute. Blanca Barrio sent a perfect cross in from the left side of the penalty box and she found the headed of Ashley Webb who had sent it into the back of the net to snap Texas A&Ms five-match shutout streak. Prior to the goal, the Aggies went 488:41 without yielding a goal.Texas A&M had trouble mustering offense in the first half with UC Riverside owning a 4-2 advantage in shots, but the Maroon and White brought the fury in the second half. The Aggies outshot the Highlanders 10-3 in the second half and 12-7 in the match. Texas A&M also owned the edge in shots-on-goal (6-2) and corner kicks (8-5).The Aggies return to action Thursday as they travel to Nashville for a 7 pm contest against the Vanderbilt Commodores. With two league matches in the books, Texas A&M is tied with Arkansas and South Carolina atop the SEC standings with six points.TEXAS A&M QUOTESHead coach G GuerrieriOn halftime adjustments...Honestly, I thought we were fortunate to only be down by one at halftime. I thought Riverside came out and played hard and put us under a lot of pressure and we didnt respond well to it. The fact that they (UCR) only got one goal - as coaching staff we actually felt pretty good that we survived with that. At halftime there was no yelling, no screaming, no turning over furniture. It was just an understanding that there are certain things we control and the fight that we put in is one of those things. If youre going to play a scrappy team, youre going to have to play scrappy. I thought our team came out and immediately jumped on them and created some chances. I think a sign of a great team is that when you score, you quickly score again. You put the game away while youve got that team down on the mat.On Haley Pounds...She bleeds maroon more than anyone youll ever come across, not just because she is a legacy kid from generations and generations of Aggies. She put it on the line. She was not going to let this University take a loss. Her heart and her abilities were on display for everyone to see.Junior forward Haley PoundsOn her goal...Jordan (Hill) played an excellent ball, in behind, with her head. I was able to get it in and take a shot to the far post. So props to Jordan for being able to get her head on that to set up the goal.On the comeback win...We were told at halftime to come out and play our game. I dont think we did we did that in the first half. So to get that goal early really boosted our confidence. I think we all knew we had to score again to get that win.Freshman midfielder Grace PiperOn her goal...In the second half, we knew we had to put the pressure on, looking for that early goal. Our forwards did a great job of earning us corner after corner. Haley put in a great ball and I had a mismatch with a smaller girl on me. I was able to out-jump her and get a head on the ball. Brian ONeill Jersey . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. John Randle Vikings Jersey .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury. http://www.thevikingsshoponline.com/Youth-alexander-mattison-vikings-jersey/ .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Jalyn Holmes Womens Jersey . -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday. Brian ONeill Womens Jersey . Vettel, who has already clinched his fourth straight F1 title, enters the finale with a chance to equal Michael Schumachers 13 victories in a year and match the record of nine consecutive wins by Alberto Ascari in the 1952 and 1953 seasons. RIO DE JANEIRO -- There were first-tee jitters, for sure. This was something new, something distinctive, and even at 7:30 a.m. local time, Graham DeLaet felt a unique vibe as he plunged his tee into the ground on the first tee of the Olympic Golf Course.Golf returned to the Olympic Games for the first time since 1904, and DeLaet was in the opening group on purpose. Canadian George Lyon won the individual Olympic gold in St. Louis 112 years ago, the last time golf made an appearance in the games, and it wasnt lost on the organizers that DaLaet is from that part of the world.I was a little bit nervous actually, said DeLaet, 34, who opened the Olympic tournament with a 5-under-par 66 and is tied for second with Henrik Stenson but trails Australian leader Marcus Fraser by 3 strokes. We do this for a living week in and week out, but there was something different about that first tee shot today. It was a different announcement for us, and it was just a really cool feeling.I was playing with a Brazilian (Adilson da Silva), and that was neat. We had a lot of people out, especially for 7:30 in the morning, more than I anticipated. It was a lot of fun. We said as we were walking off the first tee, this is pretty cool, first time in over a hundred years, and were kind of the lead group. It was nice.If DeLaet was experiencing any trepidation, he didnt show it -- although later he did hint at it. And it has far more to do with what hes been battling around the greens than any nervousness associated with playing in the Olympics.On the eve of the Memorial Tournament in June, DeLaet took the unusual step of going to Twitter to announce he was withdrawing.Im dealing with incredible anxiety while chipping/pitching right now, he wrote. Its not fun. I needed to WD to get it sorted and get back ASAP.Yikes. Any golfer knows the fear associated with the dreaded yips, whether it be putting, chipping or with the full swing. We saw it painfully play oout with Ernie Els on the first green at the Masters.dddddddddddd None other than the great Ben Hogan dealt with putting problems. Same with Bernhard Langer. Earlier last year, it was believed that Tiger Woods was battling those demons as he inexplicably couldnt hit a chip shot.Whether that was actually the diagnosis for DeLaet is unclear, but he undoubtedly had issues chipping the ball from around the green. After withdrawing from the Memorial, he has played just three tournaments, two of them opposite-field events and the last the Canadian Open three weeks ago, where he had more chipping problems and missed the cut.A little bit of a break for my brain and just try to regroup, DeLaet said of his self-imposed break. Everything is feeling better and better all the time. I know that when I finally get through the whole thing, its just going to be a little blip on my radar when I look back on my career and thats how I look going forward.Understandably DeLaet doesnt go into a lot of specifics. It is a difficult subject, and one that he has yet to conquer. For those who have endured such troubles, the thought always looms that a poor chip shot -- an embarrassing one even -- could occur the next time a ball does not find a green.For this day at least, DeLaet performed quite well. His name is near the top of the leaderboard after one round of the Olympic tournament. And a little perspective never hurts.When you see how much (the Olympics) means to the other athletes, they have been working at this for four straight years and they are trying to peak for this time, and coming out in the opening ceremonies, you can see how much it means to them, and the pride and the excitement that they have, DeLaet said; Thats been probably the neatest thing for me to see is just how much this means to those other people. ' ' '

cx888  
cx888

The greens were just too slick, the pin placements
Rickie Fowler birdied his last two holes for a

Herzlich Willkommen im Forum! Jetzt kostenlos Anmelden!!! http://bustramunco.xobor.de/anmeldung.php
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz