Herzlich Willkommen im Forum! Jetzt kostenlos Anmelden!!! Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

ing that I had to think twice about, he sai

#1 von cx888 , 21.07.2019 13:50

BOSTON -- Yankees right-hander Tyler Clippard had a short, quick answer for how badly things went for New York at Fenway Park this weekend.Brutal. Pretty self-explanatory when you get swept in a situation like we had, Clippard said after giving up Hanley Ramirezs second homer of the game that lifted the Boston Red Sox over the New York Yankees 5-4 on Sunday night.It completed a four-game sweep that severely diminished the Yankees chances of winning the AL East.We couldve won all four of these games here, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. We just werent able to shut them down. Theyre a very good offense and we understand that. There were times we had chances to tack on runs and we werent able to do that. But youve got to start over Tuesday.Gary Sanchez belted his 16th homer since Aug. 3 for the Yankees, who dropped eight back in the division and remained four behind Toronto for the second wild-card spot.Its tough, Yankees starting pitcher CC Sabathia said. Obviously we had some games, probably all of them, that we couldve won.The Yankees were without second baseman Starlin Castro and center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury, who were both injured Saturday. Castro strained his right hamstring running out a double and Ellsbury bruised his right knee sliding into a bullpen wall trying to make a catch.Ramirez drove in four runs and Jackie Bradley Jr. had a tying RBI single for the East-leading Red Sox, who overcame a rough start by Drew Pomeranz to post their ninth win in 12 games. Boston remained three games ahead of second-place Baltimore, which beat Tampa Bay 2-1 on Sunday.The Red Sox open a 10-game trip at Baltimore with the first of four games on Monday night.The Red Sox overcame deficits three times in the series, including the opener, when they scored five in the ninth and Ramirez hit a game-ending, three-run homer.This time, he hit a fly ball that soared over the Green Monster off Clippard (1-1) for a 5-4 lead in the seventh. It was his 12th homer in 21 games.Robby Scott (1-0) retired the only two batters he faced for his first major league victory. Koji Uehara got the final three outs for his seventh save.New York scored single runs in the first and third before chasing Pomeranz with two in the fourth.But the Red Sox sliced it to 4-3 when Ramirez hit a line drive off the base of a light stanchion above the Monster after Sabathia threw widely to first on what would have been an easy inning-ending double play.Sabathia gave up four runs and eight hits in five-plus innings.Didi Gregorius drove in the Yankees first run with an RBI double before Sanchez hit a shot that caromed off a billboard above the left-field seats.TRAINERS ROOMYankees: 3B Chase Headley was also out of the lineup after his back stiffened up Saturday.Red Sox: Red Sox slugger David Ortiz struck out as a pinch hitter, getting most of the night off after running the bases a lot the first three games.SWEEPSBoston recorded its first four-game sweep over New York since 1990. The Red Sox also had a three-game sweep at home against the Yankees this season. Its the first time the Yankees were swept in a four-game series since 2012, at Oakland.MOOKIE MAGICRF Mookie Betts made two diving catches, the second against Brett Gardner leading off the ninth that brought chants of MVP! MVP!TRENDING DOWNPomeranz had his second straight rough start, giving up four runs in 3 2/3 innings. He lasted just two innings in his previous one, allowing five runs in a loss to the Orioles on Tuesday.UP NEXTYankees: New York is off Monday. RHP Michael Pineda (6-11, 4.94 ERA) is set to start against Tampa Bay LHP Drew Smyly (7-11, 4.98) in the opener of a three-game series on the road Tuesday. Terry Porter Jersey . Calgary scored on the first shift, and Michael Cammalleri scored twice as the Flames cruised to a 5-2 win over the Washington Capitals on Saturday. Jusuf Nurkic Jersey . White came in fourth place in the event. He was the two-time defending gold medallist. The gold medal went to Swiss snowboarder Iouri Podladtchikov. http://www.blazersteamofficial.com/Gary-Trent-Jr-Blazers-Jersey/ . The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Lions have not announced the hiring, which was first reported by ESPN. Lombardi, the grandson of former Green Bay Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi, has been an offensive assistant on Sean Paytons New Orleans staff since 2007. Clyde Drexler Jersey .com) - Following a late-game loss to the reigning NBA champs, the Toronto Raptors will look to sustain their recent high-level play as they travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers. Gary Trent Jr. Blazers Jersey . Darren Helm scored on Detroits sixth attempt in the shootout and then Jonas Gustavsson stopped Andrew Shaws shot, lifting the Detroit Red Wings to a 5-4 win over the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday night. Bangladeshs new bowling coach Courtney Walsh has said he wants to help his charges hunt in pairs much like he and Curtly Ambrose had done for West Indies for many years.I dont see myself too much as a coach as I see myself as a mentor, Walsh said at a press briefing on Sunday. I have always tried to get couple of fast bowlers under my wing to mentor when I played for Gloucester, Jamaica or West Indies. Curtly Ambrose was one of them. So if I can get a second Ambrose from Bangladesh, I will be happy. When he came into the team, he looked up to me. We formed one of the best striking partnerships in world cricket. If I can pass that to any two Bangladeshi fast bowlers, I will be very happy.Walsh, who was the fifth-highest wicket-taker in Test history after a 17-year career, hoped to be a father figure to the Bangladesh bowlers and wanted to guide them much like his own seniors had done for him.I can help them relive some of the situations they might find themselves into, he said. A player can sometimes help you get out of it. I remember Malcolm Marshall, Michael Holding and Joel Garner. When I just started, thats what they did for me. I hope to pass that on to the Bangladesh team.I want to pass on to the Bangladeshi guys that you have to be strong and be prepared for hard work, maintain physically and consistency. If we can work hand in hand with those two, we will be headed in the right path. It wont happen overnight. We have to put in some ground work. Once we get the basics right, you will see a lot of improvement and consistency.This was Walshss first time coaching an international team and he had been unsure about taking on such a responsibility.ddddddddddddThe offer was something that I had to think twice about, he said. I remember when Nizam [Nizamuddin Chowdhury, BCB CEO] got in touch with me and said they were interested, I said let me think about it. We went back and forth but when he said, you are our No. 1 target, that was something that I gave it a serious consideration. It showed that they wanted take the cricket to another level.I want to thank Nizam for letting me know that I was their No. 1 target. He said the president wanted to ensure that I was here. I arrived here last night to do the best I can for Bangladesh cricket working with the head coach. Together we can achieve some good success for Bangladesh cricket.Walsh was the second West Indian in a coaching role with Bangladesh after Gordon Greenidge had steered them to qualify for the 1999 World Cup by winning the 1997 ICC Trophy.I didnt get a chance to speak to Gordon [Greenidge] because I actually went away to play a game and he was in England, Walsh said. But beforehand, I used to quiz him about Bangladesh and he was happy to be a part of this. That would help me as well.I am hoping that next time I speak to him, he will be happy with the state of Bangladesh cricket and the direction it is headed.Walsh has signed a three-year deal with Bangladesh which would end with the 2019 World Cup. ' ' '

cx888  
cx888

n September is fifth-best in the NL a
d of Queens Park Rangers Loftus

Herzlich Willkommen im Forum! Jetzt kostenlos Anmelden!!! http://bustramunco.xobor.de/anmeldung.php
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz