Herzlich Willkommen im Forum! Jetzt kostenlos Anmelden!!! Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Monday to Major League Baseballs chief oper

#1 von cx888 , 20.07.2019 14:21

PITTSBURGH -- With the Chicago Cubs supposedly fine-tuning things for postseason form, ace Jake Arrieta was roughed up by the Pittsburgh Pirates in an 8-4 loss Wednesday night.Pirates first baseman John Jaso hit for the cycle and Arrieta (18-8) gave up seven runs and 10 hits -- both season-highs -- in five innings. But manager Joe Maddon said there isnt cause for concern that the Cubs starter wont be able to right the ship come October.That was probably the best strike-throwing I have seen out of him, Maddon said. He was throwing very well. Up until the home run by Jaso, theres just a couple singles to the opposite field. That was it. Then, the last inning kind of got away from us too. But he wasnt that bad today. None of it made sense to me.The Pirates hit three consecutive doubles to score three runs in the sixth inning and Jasos three-run home run in the fifth did the majority of the damage.It felt like a spring training game from the get-go, just wasnt crisp and didnt have much working, Arrieta (18-8) said. Thats about it.The Cubs havent made a plan yet for when Arrieta will pitch next. He is not scheduled to make another start this season. Arrieta said it doesnt matter to him when he pitches next, hes just focused on the postseason.Were moving on, he said. I dont like giving up seven runs. Im (mad) about that. but moving forward, everything is fine. . Ill throw sides up here, and whoever I face in the first round, theyre going to be in trouble.Jasos triple in the seventh inning gave him the first cycle in the 16-year history of PNC Park.The triple off reliever Pedro Strop clinched the Pirates first cycle since 2004. The last Pirate to hit for the cycle was Daryle Ward on May 26, 2004, in St. Louis. The last Pirates home cycle was by Jason Kendall on May 19, 2000, against the Cardinals at Three Rivers Stadium.Jaso isnt exactly a typical candidate for the cycle. He has neither prodigious power nor speed, as he hit just his seventh home run and third triple of the season. Jaso didnt even realize what had happened until he had already performed the feat.It didnt really dawn on me until I was standing on the base, he said. I was looking at (third base coach Rick) Sofield and it finally just hit me.Against Arrieta, Jaso singled in the second inning, hit a three-run home run in the fourth and doubled in the fifth.Its just a great memory to have, Jaso said. You dont really want to take this blessing for granted being here.Pirates starter Jameson Taillon (5-4) allowed one hit and struck out four in six innings.Chicagos Anthony Rizzo hit a solo homer, his 32nd of the season.OH, CANADAThe Pirates announced that they will play a two-game preseason series in Montreal against the Toronto Blue Jays March 31 and April 1, 2017. The Pirates havent played in Montreal since 2013.TRAINING ROOMCubs: OF Chris Coghlan left the game with a mild left ankle sprain. He ran into the wall in left field attempting to catch a fly ball in the fifth inning. . Maddon expects OF Jorge Soler (right side) to be able to play this weekend.Pirates: After being officially eliminated from the playoffs Tuesday, the Pirates will shut injured reliever Neftali Feliz down for the season, and will be backing away from C Francisco Cervelli, according to manager Clint Hurdle. Cervelli had hamate surgery in July and has dealt with several minor injuries all year. . OF Gregory Polanco did not play with a stiff neck. He had previously missed three games with a facial contusion following a collision with the wall in left field.UP NEXTCubs: Rob Zastryzny (1-0, 0.79 ERA) will make his first career start. In seven career appearances, his longest outing is 3 2/3 innings. Zastryzny started 14 games for Triple-A Iowa this season with a 7-3 record and a 4.22 ERA.Pirates: Ivan Nova (12-8, 4.37 ERA) has lost two straight starts after winning his first five decisions with the Pirates since coming over from the New York Yankees at the trade deadline. He has given up 11 runs (nine earned) and 18 hits over seven innings in his last two starts. Roquan Smith Jersey .2 billion agreement with Rogers Communications for the leagues broadcast and multimedia rights. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Jersey . Malkin got tangled up with Detroits Luke Glendening early in the third period and his left skate took the brunt of collision with the boards behind Pittsburghs net. http://www.chicagobearfootballauthentic.com/authentic-richard-dent-bears-jersey/ .Y. -- Sabres forward Drew Stafford has witnessed plenty of turmoil during his eight seasons in Buffalo. David Montgomery Womens Jersey . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game. Mike Singletary Jersey .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. Marlins pitcher Andrew Cashner recently indicated that he would be interested in re-signing with Miami as a free agent if the organization gets rid of its no-beard policy.Cashner, who sported a thick beard for years with the Padres before being traded to Miami this season, told the Miami Herald that the Marlins facial-hair rule is a big deal to me in free agency.Cashner, who is scheduled to become a free agent after this season, has gone with a clean-shaven look since joining the Marlins on July 29 but admitted to the Herald that I still hate the teams policy.Marliins manager Don Mattingly, who famously feuded with the Yankees and former owner George Steinbrenner over the length of his hair in 1991, addressed his current organizations policy on facial hair.ddddddddddddIts just who we want to be as an organization, Mattingly told the Herald. Its nothing like it makes us better or makes us more disciplined.Cashner, 29, has gone 1-4 with a 4.78 ERA in eight games -- seven starts -- with the Marlins. ' ' '

cx888  
cx888

record holders won European gold for Br
RBI double in the seventh. Nova allowed four r

Herzlich Willkommen im Forum! Jetzt kostenlos Anmelden!!! http://bustramunco.xobor.de/anmeldung.php
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz