Herzlich Willkommen im Forum! Jetzt kostenlos Anmelden!!! Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

RS DEFENSE -- OVERALL (32), RUSH (31), PASS (32).STREAKS,

#1 von cx888 , 16.07.2019 08:05

TORRANCE, Calif. -- Karch Kiraly knows a little something about bringing home Olympic gold. After all, hes done it three times, in the 1984, 1988 and 1996 Games.He was also the first player, male or female, to win Olympic gold in both indoor and outdoor volleyball. In short, Kiraly, 55, is one of the most decorated players in the sports history.Now, as head coach of the U.S. womens indoor volleyball team, he hopes to take Team USA to its first Olympic gold medal when the Rio Games start next week. In both 2008 and 2012, the team won silver -- and in 2012, Kiraly was an assistant coach for the squad.We caught up with him to find out how he switched his mindset from athlete to coach -- and get his best piece of advice for coaching Olympians.espnW: Youve been to the Olympic Games as an athlete. Whats it been like stepping into a coaching role for Team USA? Certainly I got some nice practice at it as assistant coach in London. I think theres a tendency in sports that people who have had a lot of success as players dont necessarily make the best coaches, the most effective teachers, the most effective leaders. So I know Im fighting against that and trying to break that norm.But the other thing I have going for me is that unlike many other coaches out there, Ive been on the Olympic court and know what thats like and all of the challenges that come along with that.I plan to leverage that and try to help our team perform at the level wed like to in Rio, which should be the most amazing Olympic Games for volleyball when you combine how popular both sides of the sport are in that country.Is there an experience you remember from being at the Olympics that you draw on when you are coaching? I dont know that there is a single experience, but certainly its a bigger tournament by virtue of the fact that lots of people get to see volleyball that otherwise dont get to see it the other three years, 11 months and two? weeks [between the Games].And also because teams have been striving to try to do something special. You only get one chance every four years, and if it doesnt go your way, youve got to work hard another four years. Its not like losing a Super Bowl and coming back the next year. In a sense, there are some unique challenges there, and its not just in volleyball: Its every sport at the Olympics.Speaking to that a little bit, the stakes are so different when youre doing it every four years. How does it change how you approach things as an athlete and as a coach? We essentially work in four-year cycles because of the Olympics. People call them quads or quadrennia. There are big events each year that we focus on. Last year, it was the World Cup. Two years ago, it was the world championships. Those are major tournaments and in some ways tougher to win than the Olympics themselves and more challenging.But the Olympics is the tournament that gets a lot more attention in and outside our country. Its just a different beast and so we have to be able to approach it with a level of psychological flexibility. Theres gonna be a lot of adversity.Nobody wins a major tournament like that without overcoming gnarly adversity, and the team that does, wins. Thats a big a part of our preparation, is how to respond to the adversity that will inevitably happen at a tournament like the Olympics. It could be injuries, could be the bus tire gets a flat and we arrive three minutes before the start of a game. Could be things that we cant even imagine right now that are our response to is really whats important.What advice do you have for other coaches, at any level?I havent been coaching that long. Im pretty young, in coaching years. Ive really only been coaching since about 2007. I might be a little presumptuous to give anybody knowledge, but one thing that has helped me a lot is to approach it like, Every day, there are things to learn.You can become a lot better, as a player or as a coach, if you are a really dedicated learner, if you are what [author Carol Dweck] says in her book Mindset, in a growth mindset and embrace -- as hard as it sometimes is -- mistakes. If were not making any mistakes, were not learning fast enough. Were actually holding ourselves back if were not operating at the edge of our abilities.So you have to be willing to be OK with looking foolish sometimes, with making stupid mistakes, sometimes as a coach, as a head coach even. I think if I can be OK with that, I can be a better model for the rest of our program. Hydro Flask Straw Lid Nz . On June 12, just as the sun sets on the magnificent historical city of Sao Paulo the inventors, innovators and purveyors of “joga bonitowill” open their campaign. The opponent, Croatia and all its football might and will. As opposites do attract we are set for a corker of an opener. Hydro Flask Clearance .Y. - Jerome Samson scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the St. http://www.hydroflasknzsale.com/hydro-flask-40-oz-ombre.html . Speaking Thursday on TSN 1050 Thursday, the Leafs GM also touched on the questions surrounding the teams leadership and the struggles of his big-name free-agent signing. “Its not from lack of effort from the coaching staff. Ombre Hydro Flask 32 Oz Sale . Paul Pierce couldnt believe he missed at the end. Young scored a season-high 26 points to spark a huge effort from the leagues most productive bench, and Los Angeles beat the Brooklyn Nets 99-94 on Wednesday night after blowing a 27-point lead. Cheap Hydro Flask . White came in fourth place in the event. He was the two-time defending gold medallist. The gold medal went to Swiss snowboarder Iouri Podladtchikov. SAN DIEGO (1-3) at OAKLAND (3-1)Sunday, 4:25 p.m. EDT, CBSOPENING LINE -- Raiders by 3RECORD VS. SPREAD -- San Diego 1-3, Oakland 3-1SERIES RECORD -- Raiders lead 61-50-2LAST MEETING -- Raiders beat Chargers 23-20, OT, Dec. 24, 2015LAST WEEK -- Chargers lost to Saints 35-34; Raiders beat Ravens 28-27AP PRO32 RANKING -- Chargers No. 25, Raiders No. 9CHARGERS OFFENSE -- OVERALL (14), RUSH (17), PASS (8).CHARGERS DEFENSE -- OVERALL (21), RUSH (7), PASS (27).RAIDERS OFFENSE -- OVERALL (3), RUSH (5), PASS (9).RAIDERS DEFENSE -- OVERALL (32), RUSH (31), PASS (32).STREAKS, STATS AND NOTES -- Raiders swept season series last year for second time since 2001. ... Chargers have allowed 51 points in first three quarters combined and 51 points in fourth quarter. ... San Diego led all four games at two-minute warning in fourth quarter but lost three. ... Chargers RB Melvin Gordon has six TDs rushing after getting none as rookie. ... San Diego QB Philip Rivers needs two TD passes to tie Johnny Unitas for 10th place with 290.dddddddddddd ... Chargers have six INTs, including at least one in each game. Last time they had INT in first five was 2002. ... San Diego held all four opponents under 100 yards rushing. ... Oakland seeks first 4-1 start since 2002 season when team won AFC title, and first three-game winning streak since 2011. ... Raiders 7-4 on road under coach Jack Del Rio, but 3-6 at home. ... WR Michael Crabtree had three TD catches last week, first Raiders player to do it since Jerry Porter in 2004. ... Oakland K Sebastian Janikowski needs five points to become 13th player with 1,700 in career ... Fantasy Tip: With Raiders starting RB Latavius Murray slowed by a toe injury, rookies DeAndre Washington (147 yards) and Jalen Richard (144 yards) could be worth shot.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

cx888  
cx888

art July 22 at Colorado. The 25-year-old waited eigh
was busy swatting shots and scoring in transition. [url=

Herzlich Willkommen im Forum! Jetzt kostenlos Anmelden!!! http://bustramunco.xobor.de/anmeldung.php
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz