Herzlich Willkommen im Forum! Jetzt kostenlos Anmelden!!! Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

d my mind to stay rather than what it said on the front of F

#1 von cx888 , 02.09.2019 06:54

Every student-athlete knows that at some point the cheering and athletics competitions will end. Making connections before graduation is important so they can use their college degrees for a career outside of athletics competition. South Carolina senior softball student-athlete Kaylea Snaer and junior tennis student-athlete Thomas Mayronne were fortunate enough to participate in the first SEC Corporate Career Tour held over a three day stretch in Atlanta ahead of the 25th SEC Football Championship Game.I think it was one of the most valuable experiences Ive had since Ive been at the University of South Carolina, said Mayronne, who is studying Sport and Entertainment Management. We met with the higher-ups from Chick-fil-A, Boys & Girls Club of America, CNN/Turner Broadcasting System and Jackson Spalding. We toured their facilities, talked to their top executives about their business strategies, how they run their business compared to others, and what they center their organizations culture around.My mind was blown, said Snaer, a psychology major. Ive never been exposed to how many different kinds of jobs there are in corporate America. Overall, it was a very inviting and open atmosphere. I thought I always knew what I wanted to do, but this trip influenced me to take a step back and see what I am passionate about in other areas.Also included on the agenda were presentations from Serviam Partners President Randy Hain and former SEC student-athletes Ben Troupe and Josh Foliart on leadership and life after sports. The executives were able to offer advice about getting into their careers, and with several former student-athletes who were employees of those businesses on hand, the current student-athletes were certainly intrigued.At CNN, we met a panel of former athletes in all kinds of different jobs and how they got there, Snaer said. I never realized it could take 10 years to get where you want to be for the next 30 years. Just being around the other student-athletes was great, too. Theyre all very goal-oriented.Getting perspectives from former student-athletes who are now in the corporate world was extremely valuable, Mayronne said. They gave us their personal stories in how they transferred their abilities in athletics so they could be successful in business. Everybody had really good questions, and they told us things to look out for, and how we can better find opportunities and internships. Being student-athletes teaches us a lot of skills we can offer employers. Kaylea Snaer The student-athletes were able to put their resumes in the hands of what could be future employers as well.Just meeting the higher ups and getting their personal stories was amazing, Mayronne said. Hearing the story about how (the late) S. Truett Cathy started Chick-fil-A and where they are now, was just incredible. Its still based on the same values and principles as when they opened their first restaurant. That was huge for me because he set out to do business a certain way, and he never changed, regardless of whatever pressure he had coming in from the outside.After a whirlwind three days of meetings and presentations, each had something unique that stuck with them the most.My favorite part was really just getting to know the people, Mayronne said. Getting the experience to network and make connections is going to be really important down the road.Glenn Jackson is the co-founder of Jackson Spalding, which is a huge marketing communications agency, Snaer said. Just being able to meet him and find out that nobody there really has a job title was interesting because they made it feel like everybodys opinion mattered. After we were done, he came to every single person and shook our hands. I was so impressed that a co-founder of a major company like that was coming down and thanking us for being there. He gave me his business card and told me to email my resume because they were looking for interns.While this was a great opportunity, those who attended would like for more of their fellow student-athletes to have a similar experience.You dont often get opportunities to speak with corporate executives like this, Snaer said. Being student-athletes teaches us a lot of skills we can offer employers, such as working with a team, resolving conflict, working hard, and wanting to compete in everything we do. So its good to have an experience where you can learn how to apply those skills or learn how that translates into a job.We all talked about it before we left, Mayronne said. This is the first time theyve done it, and they want to expand it. There were only 26 of us from the whole Southeastern Conference that had a chance to go. We definitely need to get more people involved in this. Not everyone gets to meet important people from Fortune 1000 companies and pick their brains. It was invaluable.Wholesale Jerseys Review .J. -- Josh Cribbs was in the Pro Bowl in February and out of a job six months later. Fake Nike NFL Jerseys .1 million pounds ($61.2 million) on Saturday, giving the beleaguered English Premier League champions a major lift. http://www.wholesalejerseysreview.com/ . -- Peyton Manning will have all of his wide receivers available for the first time in a month when the Denver Broncos begin their playoff run Jan. China Jerseys 2020 . According to a report from the Winnipeg Free Press, the Bombers will name Acting GM Kyle Walters to the post full time. Cheap NFL Jerseys 2020 .25 million option on reliever Jose Veras.Jenson Button says McLaren CEO Ron Dennis convinced him to take a year-long sabbatical from Formula One in 2017 rather than a fully-fledged retirement from the sport.McLaren announced in Monza that Button would be taking a year off from racing next season to work with the team behind the scenes in an ambassador role, while promoting Stoffel Vandoorne into a race seat alongside Fernando Alonso. Buttons deal means he can return to a drive for 2018 if McLaren opts to drop either Vandoorne or Alonso.When asked if he had any plans to race outside of F1 during his year out, the 2009 world champion replied: No because my goal isnt to race next year, my aim is not to be racing again but in six months I might want to go racing again.He added: The idea of speaking to Ron in Spa was to retire, and he changed my mind to stay rather than what it said on the front of F1 Racing [magazine]. The reason why Im not racing is because Ron said I should take a year out, it was the other way round. So its a shame but there you go.The Briton has competted in every grand prix since the turn of the century, recording 15 wins and 50 podiums, but has not claimed a victory since the 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix following McLarens struggles in recent seasons, particularly since it returned to Honda power in 2015.ddddddddddddButton believes that 2011 -- in which he took three wins and finished runner-up to Sebastian Vettel in the championship -- was his best year at the Woking-based team.I think so, I mean I think Ive been pretty unlucky this year. Ive enjoyed this year and felt that I did a good job, but its amazing how luck doesnt go your way for quite a few races in this season. But 2011 was a fun year because the cars were awesome.With the blown diffuser, we all loved it because there was so much down force but that suits me more than rolling around with low grip. So [Mexico] probably wont be one of the better circuits for my driving style but well see. ' ' '

cx888  
cx888

iggest beneficiary. Promoted to Noiggest beneficiary. Promoted to No. 4 f. 4 f
lombiafootball.com/robinson-zapata-colombia-jersey/

Herzlich Willkommen im Forum! Jetzt kostenlos Anmelden!!! http://bustramunco.xobor.de/anmeldung.php
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz