Herzlich Willkommen im Forum! Jetzt kostenlos Anmelden!!! Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

e causes a big problem. You put shooters aroun

#1 von cx888 , 02.09.2019 06:54

NEW YORK -- WNBA President Lisa Borders says she hopes that rescinding the fines the league imposed over black warm-up shirts worn in solidarity for shooting victims will lead to a fresh start on social activism for the players and their union.I would tell you in reflection, recognizing that we were at an impasse, we needed to move forward in the future, she said Monday in a phone interview with The Associated Press. In order to do that, stop what youre doing currently, take a breath and re-engage. Rescinding the fines allowed us to do that, along with the Olympic break.It had been a tense week for the WNBA and its players after the league decided to impose $500 fines on three teams for wearing the black warm-up shirts in response to recent shootings by and against police officers, saying the shirts were a uniform violation.The fines seemed to galvanize the players, who used postgame interview sessions and social media to voice their displeasure. There also was public criticism of the fines, including from NBA star Carmelo Anthony. The league announced Saturday that the fines had been withdrawn.When we came to this decision most recently we realized it was a very complex issue, Borders said. There was no right way to deal with it. We had a traditional response to a nontraditional situation. Our players wanted to lift their voices on the court as well as off the court.The players were happy that the league had changed course and rescinded the fines.Because of this and how we were able to communicate as players, thats really important, said Tamika Catchings, who is president of the players association. Thats a great thing. Weve gotten players more engaged with the union and on social issues. Now I feel because of this, it brought our players home and more together and more focused on our voice and what we collectively stand for.Although the league is on a break until the end of August, Borders said conversations have renewed between the WNBA and its players. They will talk a lot during the monthlong Olympic break.If we all work together, well make some incremental progress, she said. No one has dealt with this before in this format or this forum. Well get some things right and some things wrong.Borders said rescinding the fines had already been in the works and was decided on Friday, hours before the Rev. Al Sharpton and his organization, the National Action Network, said they would pay the fines.Rev. Sharpton is an amazing man and had an amazing history in civil rights. He was working when my grandfather was working in civil rights, said Borders, who said the Ku Klux Klan burned a cross into her grandfathers lawn nearly 60 years ago. I appreciate all he has done and all he stands for, but we had this done inside our house before Rev. Sharpton got engaged.The president stopped short of saying it was a mistake to fine the players, but she did say that she hopes to learn from it.Not going to do do-overs, she said. Learn from what happened in the last 72 hours, help our behavior on a go-forward basis.Larry Bird Celtics Jersey . -- Nathan Pancel scored twice as the Sudbury Wolves defeated the North Bay Battalion 4-2 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Red Auerbach Jersey . - Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie never doubted he would bring back coach Dennis Allen for a third year despite back-to-back 4-12 records. http://www.celticssale.com/kids-danny-ainge-celtics-jersey/ . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. Danny Ainge Celtics Jersey . World champions Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov of Russia won the gold medal with 237.71 points, Moore-Towers and Moscovitch followed at 208.45 and Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov of Russia were third at 187. John Havlicek Celtics Jersey . Dukurs winning time was 1 minute, 45.76 seconds, a quarter-second better than Russias Alexander Tretiakov. Lativas Tomass Dukurs was third, 1.41 seconds off the pace. Jon Montgomery of Eckville, Alta.ATLANTA -- The Hawks are the home team against Milwaukee on Wednesday, but it is the Bucks who will be playing after a good nights sleep in Atlanta.The Bucks have been idle since a victory over the New Orleans Pelicans in Milwaukee on Saturday, while the Hawks are playing the second half of a back-to-back after stretching their winning streak to five games with a 93-90 victory Tuesday in Miami.The Hawks (8-2) are 2-0 in the finale of consecutive games this season, following up a loss at Washington with a home victory over Houston and starting their winning streak with victories at Cleveland and at home against Chicago.Atlanta, though, could be without Dwight Howard against the Bucks (5-4).The center sustained a left quad contusion late in the third quarter Tuesday against the Heat and didnt return.After the victory, Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer didnt rule out Howard being able to play against the Bucks. That may be a reach, however.Dwight took a knee to his knee area or just above his knee, Budenholzer said. Theres some swelling, and well just have to be aggressive in treating him and hopefully getting him ready to play (Wednesday). Well just see how the next 20 to 24 hours go.Howard was to get treatment on the trip back to Atlanta and will have more Wednesday before a decision is made on his status. He told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the injury was super painful.One of the keys to the Hawks good start this season has been their bench, and Mike Muscala likely would get the start if Howard cant go against the Bucks.Muscala scored 14 points in 22 minutes against the Heat, going 6 of 7 from the floor. He also had five rebounds, four assists and a steal.Howard would be a major loss if he cant play, though, especially on defense. The Hawks struggled mightily trying to contain Heat center Hassan Whiteside after the 6-foot-11 Howard left, with Paul Millsap finnally having to take the role.ddddddddddddHoward, who has been rejuvenated after signing with his hometown Hawks, had 11 points and 11 rebounds in 24 minutes for his eighth double-double. He came into the Heat game averaging 15.2 points and 12.4 rebounds.Bucks coach Jason Kidd wouldnt mind at all not having to face Howard.Hes playing like he did earlier in his career, the coach told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Hes dominating. Theyre looking for him and theyre finding him. He causes a big problem. You put shooters around him, and he causes an even bigger problem.The Bucks won the first two of their three games against the Hawks last season, with both victories requiring overtime.Jabari Parker had 28 points and 13 rebounds in a 117-109 double-OT win in Atlanta after Giannis Antetokounmpo recorded 28 points and 16 rebounds to lead a 108-101 victory at Milwaukee.Antetokounmpo, a 6-foot-11 native of Greece, is off to a breakout start as a 21-year-old in his fourth NBA season. He leads the Bucks in scoring (21.3), rebounds (8.3), blocks (2.1) and steals (2.0) while ranking second in assists (5.3).In Milwaukees 106-96 victory over Memphis on Saturday, Antetokounmpo bounced back from a couple of so-so games with 27 points, six rebounds, five assists, four steals and four blocks in 30 minutes.It felt good, Antetokounmpo said after the victory. My teammates wanted me to get back in rhythm, and I did whatever it took to get back in rhythm. They told me from day one they need me.The Hawks placed six players in double figures against the Heat and have had at least five reach that level in every game except one.I just feel like we have a lot of guys who are playing well right now, a lot of guys playing with a lot of confidence, Budenholzer said. ' ' '

cx888  
cx888

he third. The rookies best save came with 2:17 left in
an forward said. With my brothers out here

Herzlich Willkommen im Forum! Jetzt kostenlos Anmelden!!! http://bustramunco.xobor.de/anmeldung.php
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz