Herzlich Willkommen im Forum! Jetzt kostenlos Anmelden!!! Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Series opener and was shut out for the third time in six games. Will manager Joe Maddon juggle his lineup looking for offense?Ch

#1 von cx888 , 31.08.2019 11:17

You can tell the Olympics are imminent by how often the Games are in the news -- whether its about?the trials?or in-depth stories about athletes overcoming adversity.Or this heartwarming tale, about Rio de Janeiro police officers?claiming they havent been paid?and expressing concern about the safety of Olympics spectators and visitors.(But before you get all worried about that last item, lets remember that this could happen anywhere. Im sure plenty of municipal police officers would post Welcome to Hell signs at their airports, too.)Theres something reassuring in the panic that precedes the Olympics, isnt there? Its as if people want to confirm their worst fears. But lets be honest -- theyre unsubstantiated. Whether its the Zika virus, or?human limbs washing up on the shore of the volleyball beach -- none of these issues rise to the level of needing to move the Games. Dont be ridiculous.And hey! Rio has taken at least one of those items seriously by signing a sponsor for the official insect repellent of the Games. So the Olympic marketing department is up to speed in preparing! No problem.Pay no mind to those who are concerned about these issues, like this public health expert who was published in the Harvard Public Health Review (or whatever that is), saying the Olympics should be postponed, moved, or both. What is it with this talk about moving the Games? We have to march inevitably toward the Aug. 5 start date, because to deny our inherent apathy would be too jarring for us as a species.(Plus, Zika is only really dangerous if youre a woman of childbearing age. And that only affects about half of the Olympians and spectators. And that half is just women anyway.)Many of these problems can be solved easily, with some common-sense precautions. For example, athletes should immediately start a preemptive course of antibiotics as soon as their planes land in Brazil. And to prevent mosquito bites, spectators (and athletes!) should wear plastic body suits with mouth and ear vents. Officials can keep the beaches clear of errant body parts by stringing shark nets just beyond the waterline. Travel everywhere with your own personal security force.See how simple that is, alarmists?Now, it has been disappointing to see some athletes pull out of the Games. The U.S. Olympic basketball team has gone from a Dream Team to a Team with Occasional Bouts of Insomnia. Golfers, including Rory McIlroy and Jason Day, have decided to skip the Olympics as well.The reason for my decision is my concerns about the possible transmission of the Zika virus and the potential risks that it might present to my wifes future pregnancies and to future members of our family, Day said in a statement.So serious. Hes opting for a few weeks off and will go back to earn bank on the PGA Tour. But hes one of the unlucky athletes, whom spectators tire of because they have watch to him at so many events every year.But you know who isnt pulling out of the Games? The brave men and women who get to compete on the world stage every four years.And anyway, whats wrong with the International Olympic Committee putting athletes in a position to decide between the biggest dream theyve ever had, and their personal health and safety? They should feel lucky to be included.These Olympians are seemingly (and rightly) not concerned about their ability to walk to a venue without being held up, or competing in a water event while bathing in poo,?or wondering if drug cheats will be caught.Theyre choosing to pursue their dreams, which is probably what made them Olympians in the first place. Unlike you whiners out there.Take the easy road, folks. Its so much easier to ignore those screaming red flags.Other things on my mind this week:Seahawks wide receiver Ricardo Lockette thought he was going to die after a hit on the field in Dallas. Heres why he retired from the NFL at age 29.Nicole LaVoi writes this blog about a lack of local coverage for the WNBAs Minnesota Lynx, who won a WNBA-record 13 consecutive games to open the season. Its pretty easy to apply this thinking to other successful womens teams.Why are victims of sexual assault blamed while robbery victims might not be? This piece discusses the role values play in triggering compassion or blame.This Poynter news roundup includes an update on the discredited Rolling Stone story about rape on campus.Karl Malone Jazz Jersey . Louis Cardinals. Victorino is batting sixth and playing right field after missing two games because of back tightness. Tony Bradley Jersey . -- Aaron Murray threw for 408 yards and three touchdowns, ran for another score, and led No. http://www.jazzauthentic.com/kids-pete-maravich-jazz-jersey/ . Despite the cost, effort and an improved steroid test, its possible that very few -- if any -- positives will be detected, Dr. Richard Budgett told The Associated Press in an interview. "We just dont know what the results from Torino will be," Budgett said. Donovan Mitchell Jersey . Pence singled in the winning run with no outs in the ninth inning to give the Giants a 7-6 victory over the San Diego Padres on Sunday. Jeff Hornacek Jersey .com) - The red-hot Los Angeles Kings will try to extend their winning streak to a season-high seven games when they visit the Edmonton Oilers for Sundays clash at Rexall Place.What to watch for tonight in Game 2 of the World Series:---TIME CHANGEFans planning to see the first pitch will need to tune in earlier than expected. The start time was moved up an hour to 7:08 p.m. EDT because theres rain in the Cleveland forecast. Major League Baseball announced the shift Tuesday night midway through Game 1.Id rather do that than have the game start at 8, and then get caught in the latter part of the game with some rain. So I think its a good idea, Cubs manager Joe Maddon said.Indians manager Terry Francona was fine with the change, too.We can handle that, he said. I dont care what time they tell us to play. ... Im going to be here anyway by 10 (a.m.). So it doesnt really matter.PINKIE POWERAll eyes at Progressive Field are bound to be on Trevor Bauers right pinkie when he starts for Cleveland in Game 2 of the World Series. He sliced the finger earlier this month while fixing one of his many drones. Then in Game 3 of the AL Championship Series at Toronto, blood began dripping onto the ball, the mound and his uniform, and he lasted only 21 pitches.Bauer says hes set to face the Cubs. He threw a simulated game this week with gauze over the finger -- a no-no during actual action -- and there was no bleeding.Im going to go out there and execute to the best level of my ability, and its going to be what its going to be, he said.JUST OK JAKEJake Arrieta gets the ball for Chicago in Game 2 with a mostly unimpressive October resume. He dominated in his first postseason start, pitching a shutout against Pittsburgh in last years NL wild-card game. But hes 1-2 with a 5.82 ERA in four playoff starts since, including a 4.91 ERA in two starts this postseason.The 2015 Cy Young Award winner was solid this season but hasnt replicated last years success. Chicago limited Arrietas innings during the regular season hoping to keep him fresh for a late-October run, though, and the World Series would be the perfect time for a resurgence.MANAGING MILLERIndians reliever Andrew Miller threw two scoreless innings in Game 1, but also toossed 46 pitches -- his most since 2011, when he was a starter.ddddddddddddSo, will the AL Championship Series MVP get the ball in Game 2?You know, I dont know, Cleveland manager Terry Francona said after a 6-0 win over the Cubs in the opener. I just think that theres a lot that can happen tomorrow. One, we might not have the lead. Two, it might rain. Three, we could have a lead and he wont be available for as much.The Cubs got two hits and two walks off Miller.I liked our at-bats overall against Miller, Chicago manager Joe Maddon said. I liked the fact we got him up to 50 pitches, also. So there were a lot of positives with that. We struck out a lot, but Ill defend the fact that we had some good at-bats.DECISIONS, DECISIONSChicago whiffed 15 times in the Series opener and was shut out for the third time in six games. Will manager Joe Maddon juggle his lineup looking for offense?Chris Coghlan started Game 1 in right field over slumping Jason Heyward, who signed a $184 million contract to join the Cubs last offseason. Coghlan struck out in both his at-bats. With another right-hander pitching for Cleveland, will Heyward be on the bench again?STICKING WITH SCHWARBERCubs manager Joe Maddon said Kyle Schwarber will absolutely start at designated hitter again after the young slugger went 1 for 3 with a double off the right-field fence and a walk Tuesday in his first big league game since April 7. Schwarber, who also struck out twice, had been sidelined since having surgery to repair two torn ligaments in his left knee.I thought the bat speed looked good, Maddon said. You could see on the finish sometimes maybe the brace grabs him just a little bit. I kind of noticed that. Otherwise there was no kind of negative atmosphere surrounding his at-bats. I thought they were outstanding, actually.Schwarber is the franchise leader with five career postseason homers. All of them came when he was a rookie last year. ' ' '

cx888  
cx888

ball around inside the paddock or playing table tennis with
that he didnt watch Kevin Durants debut with the Gold

Herzlich Willkommen im Forum! Jetzt kostenlos Anmelden!!! http://bustramunco.xobor.de/anmeldung.php
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz