Herzlich Willkommen im Forum! Jetzt kostenlos Anmelden!!! Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Northeastern before guiding UConn to 625 wins an

#1 von cx888 , 27.08.2019 06:39

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Tyreek Hill has proven he can outrun just about anybody in the NFL.If only he could outrun his past, too.The rookie wide receiver for the Kansas City Chiefs has been a breakout star this season, evidenced by his performance Sunday night in Denver. Hill had nine catches for 52 yards and the tying touchdown, ran right around the Broncos Von Miller for another score and even returned a free kick for an early TD that helped Kansas City to a crucial overtime victory.It was hardly a surprise Wednesday when the NFL announced that Hill, a controversial fifth-round pick in Aprils draft, was chosen the AFC offensive player of the week.Tribute to the kid, Chiefs coach Andy Reid said. Im probably more proud of him for what hes doing off the field than on the field, but its well deserved. The award is well deserved.You see, all of Hills success -- and by extension, the Chiefs success -- has generated conflicting feelings among fans in Kansas City familiar with the diminutive speedsters backstory.Some are ready to forgive. Very few seem to have forgotten.Hill was an emerging star at Oklahoma State when he was arrested for domestic violence two years ago. He wound up pleading guilty to abusing and strangling his pregnant girlfriend, and Cowboys coach Mike Gundy kicked him out of the program -- a decision by turns easy and hard to make.Easy because of the egregious nature of the crime, hard because of Hills vast talent.Tyreek put himself in a bad situation, Gundy said, but during his time here at Oklahoma State, he was never an issue. That was the only incident that he ever had, so thats why I felt really bad for him. But hes certainly a big-time player and could have made a huge difference on that team.Instead, he was forced to rehabilitate his image -- and himself -- at West Alabama, where he juggled school and football with counseling sessions and other court-mandated service work.In one season at the out-of-the-way Division II school in Livingston, 60 miles from Tuscaloosa but a million miles from playing for the Crimson Tide, Hill hardly put up the kind of numbers that portend NFL greatness. He ran for a modest 237 yards and a touchdown, caught 27 passes for 444 yards and three scores, and returned two punts and two kickoffs for touchdowns.But the Chiefs knew his world-class speed -- he won two medals running sprints at the world junior championships -- could be a difference maker. So in an age of heightened sensitivity in the NFL when it comes to domestic violence, they spent a draft pick on him when most teams were unwilling. Then they faced the backlash of a fan base that still recalls the Jovan Belcher murder-suicide of a few years ago.Chiefs general manager John Dorsey said front-office executives spent time with coaches at Oklahoma State and West Alabama, Hills family members and friends, and even the Oklahoma prosecutor who handled his case. They came away convinced that he was on the right path.He came in here with the incident, obviously, and hes handled himself in a good way, Reid said. There havent been any issues, which has been positive, and hes had some things hes had to do for the incident and he doesnt miss anything. He does everything hes supposed to do.Hill said that includes classes and therapy sessions, where he can get things off his chest, but he declined to discuss specifics. He also said he is supporting the victim and his child.I make sure I do those things in order to be a better person, Hill said before Wednesdays practice. Im real dedicated. Im going to stick to it so I can be a better man, a better citizen for the community and a better father for my son.Indeed, Hill has done nothing off the field to make the Chiefs regret the decision.Hes done plenty on it to make it look like a wise move.Obviously hes a big part of what were doing, Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith said. Hes had more on his plate but hes handled it really well.Game notesWR Jeremy Maclin (groin) and LB Dee Ford (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday, though Reid wasnt sure whether they will play Sunday in Atlanta. ... DE Jaye Howard (hip) and DT Dontari Poe (back spasms) remained out of practice.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFLHector Moreno Jersey . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. Mexico Jerseys . Capitals head coach Adam Oates said Ovechkin was injured in the first period against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday and clarified it was not a head injury. http://www.soccermexicojerseysteamstore.com/oribe-peralta-mexico-jersey/ .C. -- Calgarys Kevin Koe did it the hard way again. Guillermo Ochoa Jersey . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season. Miguel Layun Jersey . Oaklands loss to Seattle clinched the ALs best record for the Red Sox with one day to spare in the regular season. "I think everybody was kind of watching," catcher David Ross said. "Demp (Ryan Dempster) came out before he went to the bullpen and was just yelling that they lost.STORRS, Conn. -- Northeastern hadnt beaten UConn since the year before Jim Calhoun left the Boston-based Huskies to coach the ones at Connecticut.That changed Monday night.T.J. Williams scored 20 points and Northeastern won 64-61, dropping UConn to 0-2 for the first time in 48 years.Its pretty big for the school and its pretty big for our team this year, Williams said. Its really huge. It really hasnt sunk in yet, but it feels great; it feels wonderful.Donnell Gresham Jr. added 13 points for Northeastern (2-0) and Alex Murphy had nine points and 15 rebounds.Terry Larrier scored 17 points and Jalen Adams had 15 for UConn.The UConn Huskies had a chance to tie the game at the end when freshman Alterique Gilbert stole a cross-court pass from Murphy as Northeastern was trying to run out the clock. But his 3-pointer hit the rim just before the buzzer.I made one of the dumbest plays of my basketball career, said Murphy, a graduate transfer who played at both Duke and Florida. It got picked off but Donnell (Gresham) was there to defend the shot, so thank God for him.Northeastern led most of the way and was up 35-31 at halftime.UConn went on a 9-1 run to open the second half to take a four-point lead, but Northeastern responded with a 10-2 run of its own.A fast-break dunk by Murphy gave Northeastern its largest lead of the second half at 61-54 with just under 4 minutes left.Larriers off-balance runner in the lane had cut the lead to three points with 1:07 left and the Huskies forced a turnover to get the ball back. But Larrier missed two 3-pointers before Gilberts play at the end.Northeastern shot just 36 percent from the floor, but held UConn to 39 percent and outrebounded Connecticut 47-38, including 17-13 on the offensive boards.This is a dark time, UConn coach Kevin Ollie said. I know that. I understand the expectations of everybody here, in this room and at UConn. I feel embarrassed right now. But when I feel embarrassed, I know Im going to geet through it and this team is going to get through it.ddddddddddddIG PICTUREUConn began the season ranked 18th in the nation and fell out of the rankings on Monday after losing its opener to Wagner , the teams first season-opening loss in 17 years. The Huskies are now 0-2 for the first time since the 1968-69 season, a year they started 0-10.Northeastern: Northeastern last beat UConn in 1985, a 90-73 victory for Calhouns team. The Hall-of-Fame coach won 248 games at Northeastern before guiding UConn to 625 wins and three national titles. Northeastern had lost eight straight in the series and 22 of the last 23 matchups between the schools. The Boston-based Huskies are now 5-35 against their namesakes.STAT OF THE NIGHTUConn made just 5 of 21 shots from 3-point range after going 6 for 19 from behind the arc against Wagner. Guards Rodney Purvis and Gilbert combined to go 2 for 11.BLOCK PARTYUConns 7-foot center Amida Brimah blocked eight shots, giving him 289 for his career. That is third in school history behind Emeka Okafor (441) and Hasheem Thabeet (417).INJURYUConn freshman guard Christian Vital, who had five points in the Huskies opener, was forced to sit out the game against Northeastern with back issues.UP NEXTUConn: The Connecticut Huskies head west and then head further west. UConn plays its first road game against Loyola Marymount in Kevin Ollies hometown of Los Angeles before traveling to Hawaii for the Maui Invitational, where Oklahoma State will be the opening round opponent on Nov. 21.Northeastern: The Boston-based Huskies face Boston University for the second time in three games on Friday. Northeastern won the season-opening matchup at home 87-77. The second game comes as part of the Steve Wright Classic. That tournament, being hosted by BU also will include games against LIU Brooklyn and Maine. ' ' '

cx888  
cx888

2 victory over New York on Tuesday
bronze medal during the podi

Herzlich Willkommen im Forum! Jetzt kostenlos Anmelden!!! http://bustramunco.xobor.de/anmeldung.php
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz